Thursday, February 21, 2008

State of the Closet

February. In anticipation of spring, I organized my closet and took inventory. This is always a cathartic experience. Though it may not look like it shed much weight, trust me, you should have seen it before.


Fortunately, I was able to yield some surprising new outfits from clothes I already owned combined with some recent luck at a consignment shop. All told, I think each of these outfits was assembled for a paltry sum. My mom would be proud. Someone just needs to give me a job for this skill. Here is a sampling of what I excavated:


I'm head over heels in love with this leather skirt from BCBG. It's copper and has amazing stitching across the front. (Tank from H&M, earrings from shop in Copenhagen.)


This sweater is a hand-me-down from my mom, as are the taupe leather Etienne Aigner belt and the white enamel tassel necklace. The tank is American Apparel, the pants are secondhand Diesel jeans, and the boots are Fitzwell.

Here's another sweater (kind of made out of carpet!) from my mom -- I'm lucky! I love the very saturated purple color. The shirt is a red striped Charlotte tee from Urban and the necklace is from a touristy shop in Northampton, MA. I love this color combination. The handkerchief I bought in Copenhagen also goes really well with this sweater. The jeans are J Brand, which I swear by. By far the best quality jeans I've ever had the pleasure of putting on. The shoes are camel-colored suede Converse high tops.


Sorry about the poor lighting/focus in these pictures. We can't all be Style Bytes on our first try! :)

No comments: