Thursday, January 17, 2008

How to: Layer Rings

I adore delicate gold jewelry. Lately, however, I’ve been getting tired of just my tiny bracelet and three rings, so now I will show you how I’ve decided to experiment a bit with my jewels.

I’ve been craving a pinkie ring for a while now so I got an old signet ring sized for my pinkie. Next, I tapped into the best resource that any girl has for unique jewelry—her mother. I stole these two more rings from mom, one topaz and one emerald (her birthstone).

The key to stacking a bunch of rings is to have a common theme and for each piece to offer some variation. Mine is delicate gold. The problem with my original three rings was that they were too delicate and almost disappeared, so the heft of the signet on the pinkie balances that out. The colors of the topaz and emerald add some more variation. Another thing to think about is how to spread the rings out between your fingers. Lastly, don’t forget your other hand. My only ring on the left hand is strong enough to stand alone -- not too much, not to little.

Before:


After:


No comments: