Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rediscovering belts

One of the best parts about going home is finding clothes you forgot you had. This time it was the belt that I bought in Dubrovnik out of necessity. I was half-way through my three week spring break Euro-trek and my J Brands were getting too baggy. There was no chance of finding a laundromat in Croatia where I could shrink them. luckily there was a leather shop and a kind old man ready to help me out.

This belt is slightly off in a couple ways- it is too narrow, the color is an unusual pinkish tan, and the buckle is plain ugly. All the more reason to fall in love with it again.

Here are three ways that I plan on incorporating it into my wardrobe -- all of them knotted, not buckled, which is the freshest way to wear a belt as we transition to spring.

No comments: